During the cold Kearney months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when it breaks down and evolves into your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen in your home, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. However, if it happens, a simple call to Thurston Heating & Air Conditioning will help bring warm and comfort back into your house in no time. We’ve got some signs you should look for to help you establish if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before you’re in an emergency repair situation. Call Thurston Heating & Air Conditioning as soon as possible if you observe any of these issues:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace immediately and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that creates a flame and leave the lights off until your furnace can be inspected by a qualified technician or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re constantly turning up the thermostat, yet you’re still cold, a furnace repair might be necessary. While this could be a sign of a problem with your thermostat, it could also mean your furnace is too small for your home.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you notice a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s become noisier than usual, it’s probably wise to schedule a repair.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re working your furnace as you usually do but recognize an increase in your utility bill, there are a few different problems you could be experiencing. Your professional from Thurston Heating & Air Conditioning can identify what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running constantly, you could have a problem. It may be a something as small as an air filter problem or something as large as a motor problem. We’ll help you find out what the problem is.
Now that you know how to identify when you need a furnace repair, give us a call and we’ll be there to help. If your furnace is working fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Thurston Heating & Air Conditioning at 308-624-3485 or book an appointment with us online.