It seems as though we are ever-connected to our smartphones. Whether it is email, checking the latest sports scores or perusing Twitter, we seem to be as busy as ever. That doesn’t mean that your smartphone can’t be taken advantage of for simple conveniences like being informed when you need air conditioner service though.
Today, there are two types of Wi-Fi thermostats.
- Connected. These permit you to control the system from anywhere via Wi-Fi, so if you leave the house and didn’t remember to turn down the thermostat you can go into an app and change the temperature setting.
- Smart Thermostats. In addition to Wi-Fi capabilities, smart thermostats automatically change the temperature for you based on whether you’re home or away.
Smart thermostats have been talked about quite a bit in the last few years, and as technology continues to improve, they will likely become even more common. And why not? They do provide a variety of perks and allow you to have the greatest control over your home’s temperature and environment.
- Easy adjustments. Smart thermostats don’t just have a clever name, they recognize your habits and know when you’re at home and when you’re gone so that you can get the greatest savings out there. Smart thermostats ensure that your comfort is always a peak priority, while also working to save you more money.
- Helpful reminders. Wouldn’t you like to know when it’s time to change your heating and cooling system’s filter or when it’s time to set up air conditioner service? Smart thermostats can allow you to do so, meaning you can rely on your system to tell you when there is an issue or it’s time for service.
- Convenient compatibility. Most smart thermostats are developed for easy integration across a variety of different heating and cooling equipment manufacturers so you can go with the best one for your needs and budget.
Smart thermostats will continue to evolve like most pieces of technology, but they already offer a host of bonuses that can help improve your comfort, potentially decrease your energy bills, and even tell you when you need to arrange for air conditioner service. Thurston Heating & Air Conditioning in Kearney has a number of thermostats to pick from, so if you have any questions about which one is right for you, give us a call at 308-624-3485.