As springtime begins, you could be thinking, is an AC tune-up worth it in Kearney? Particularly if your AC system is recently purchased or was running well last year.
Here’s one way to look at it. You wouldn’t purchase a brand-new automobile and never expect to request any service for it, such as putting in fresh oil or purchasing new tires.
The same applies for your air conditioning. It’s equipment that uses fuel and has moving parts. Like a car, it can get leaks and its moving parts can fail.
Having your system checked annually by a Thurston Heating & Air Conditioning expert can help spot little issues before they lead to large breakdowns. (And cause your equipment to stop operating!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your equipment clean. Since your cooling system is placed outdoors, it’s more inclined to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard refuse, which can majorly affect your unit’s efficiency. While you can follow our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a pro to service intricate internal parts.
- It keeps your equipment efficient. Dirt and yard clippings that accumulate inside your equipment can make it work harder and restrict airflow. Both these problems can cause higher energy use—and a higher energy bill!
- It could extend your unit’s life span. A clean air conditioner is an efficient one and may even help it last for a longer period of time. That’s money that you’ll keep on your monthly cooling costs and over the years, as you won’t have to install new equipment as fast.
- It helps find little issues before they turn into big, expensive problems. During professional AC maintenance, your tech will closely examine components and complete a cycle of AC performance tests. These all-inclusive procedures often allow us to find issues before they turn into big troubles that result in an expensive repair bill.
- It helps guarantee worry-free comfort throughout the warmest days. After your system is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your unit is ready to deliver worry-free cooling. Even on the warmest days. It’s one of the smartest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty in place. Most manufacturers expect regular maintenance to keep your warranty valid. Without this tune-up, your unit is open to premature breakdowns and decreased efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Entail?
A premium AC service should involve an examination and maintenance work from a qualified HVAC tech. Here’s some of the work we’ll do:
We’ll check the subsequent areas and parts:
- Total equipment condition
- Start-up pattern
- Thermostat settings
- Air filter
- Blower parts and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety components
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a portion of the jobs we’ll do:
- Replace air filters
- Secure electrical connections
- Check electrical flow
- Lube moving parts
- Unclog condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Schedule Your AC Service Today with Thurston Heating & Air Conditioning
This week is the perfect time to schedule your AC maintenance! Give our Thurston Heating & Air Conditioning pros a shout at 308-624-3485 or contact us online to book your appointment. Before we arrive at your house, be sure to look at our discount offers for savings on your next service.