As warmer weather begins, you could be wondering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Kearney? Especially if your air conditioning equipment is recently purchased or was running well last summer.
Here’s one method to look at it. You wouldn’t buy a brand-new car and never anticipate to request any service for it, such as putting in fresh oil or buying new tires.
The same applies for your air conditioner. It’s equipment that consumes fuel and has moving components. Like a vehicle, it can get leaks and its moving pieces can fail.
Having your unit checked annually by a Thurston Heating & Air Conditioning expert can help spot little issues before they lead to large malfunctions. (And cause your air conditioning to stop working!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your unit clean. Since your air conditioner is placed outdoors, it’s more susceptible to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard clippings, which can negatively affect your system’s efficiency. While you can follow our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a pro to service intricate internal components.
- It keeps your unit efficient. Dirt and yard clippings that accumulate in your equipment can make it work harder and restrict airflow. Both these troubles can cause higher energy needs—and a more expensive utility bill!
- It could lengthen your equipment’s life span. A clean air conditioner is an efficient one and may even help it run for a longer period of time. That’s money that you won’t spend on your monthly energy costs and over the years, because you won’t have to replace your equipment as fast.
- It helps determine little troubles before they lead to big, costly problems. During professional AC maintenance, your specialist will keenly examine components and complete a series of air conditioning performance checks. These detailed procedures often allow us to locate problems before they turn into large troubles that result in an expensive repair bill.
- It helps ensure worry-free operation throughout the warmest days. After your air conditioner is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind realizing your system is ready to deliver worry-free cooling. Even on the muggiest days. It’s one of the wisest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty in place. Most manufacturers require regular maintenance to keep your warranty in place. Without this maintenance, your equipment is open to early breakdowns and limited efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Entail?
A quality AC service should include an examination and maintenance work from a licensed HVAC specialist. Here’s some of the things we’ll perform:
We’ll examine the subsequent areas and components:
- Total equipment condition
- Start-up pattern
- Thermostat adjustment
- Air filter
- Blower parts and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety mechanisms
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a part of the work we’ll do:
- Install new air filters
- Refasten electrical connections
- Confirm electrical flow
- Lube moving components
- Unclog condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Request Your AC Tune-Up Right Away with Thurston Heating & Air Conditioning
Today is the perfect time to schedule your AC maintenance! Give our Thurston Heating & Air Conditioning pros a ring at 308-624-3485 or contact us online to set up your appointment. Before we come to your residence, don’t forget to browse our exclusive offers for savings on your upcoming tune-up.