Having regular air conditioning service performed at least yearly can help lengthen the life of your air conditioner and keep it operating at top efficiency. Before we get to the muggiest days of the Kearney summer, have the professionals at Thurston Heating & Air Conditioning complete your annual air conditioning service.
Particular tasks should always be done during a usual air conditioning service appointment. According to energy.gov, your specialist should always:
- Inspect for the correct amount of refrigerant, and if necessary, look for refrigerant leaks using a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is necessary, retrieve any refrigerant that must be emptied from the system, instead of illegally releasing it to the atmosphere.
- Look for correct airflow in the system.
- Verify the right electric control sequence to make sure of correct sequence of operation.
- Examine electric terminals, clean and tighten connections.
- Inspect the exactness of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, changing or cleaning your air filters frequently is a top priority. That’s because nothing else that simple can help make sure that your air conditioner continues to operate at peak efficiency. In addition to when the air filter is cleaned or swapped out during your annual air conditioning service appointment, you should examine it regularly. We recommend taking a look at it every month or according to the manufacturer’s recommendation. How often it actually requires cleaning or replacement will depend on individual influences in your home, like how much dust comes into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your regular air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another component of air conditioner maintenance, call Thurston Heating & Air Conditioning today at 308-624-3485.