Before you work on filling up the calendar with summer vacations and trips, be sure to schedule time to have your air conditioner looked at by a heating and cooling professional. Routine maintenance may not feel like a sense of urgency, but regular air conditioner service does more for your air conditioner than you think.
Why do tune-ups help?
- Minimize need for repairs – Most people realize that the summer months in Kearney are not the best time for an air conditioner to go out. Scheduling air conditioner service helps you be more proactive and our expert technicians can check for any red flags that suggest trouble ahead for your air conditioner.
- Ensure efficient operations – Not only can tune-ups pinpoint areas of concern, but it also helps your air conditioner operate as efficient as possible. Air conditioners are investments that you should continually check on and maintain to make sure you are receiving the optimal benefits from your unit.
- Reduce expenses – You want the greatest performance possible out of your air conditioner. A comfortable home is the main priority, but a properly running air conditioner also helps lower your energy bills and prolongs the life of your system.
What will a technician do during an air conditioning tune-up?
- Check the filter status – It’s recommended to change your filters at a minimum every three months, so the technician will check the cleanliness of the existing filter. Filters that are dirty force your air conditioner to work harder and can also impact the quality of the air in your house.
- Check refrigerant charge – Too much and too little are not good things when talking about refrigerant levels. Too little refrigerant can cause additional stress on your system and too much will reduce how efficiently your air conditioner maintains cool temperatures in your home.
- Check electrical connections – There are many of moving parts that are included in an air conditioner and when any of these parts become loose it increases the possibility of sparks or other damage to the electrical components.
- Clean the coils – Dust and other particles can gather on both your outdoor and indoor coils, which can harm efficiency and increase the amount of energy used.
The experts from Thurston Heating & Air Conditioning in Kearney offer a quality air conditioner tune-up and service, also answering any questions you have about your air conditioner, its performance or your overall home comfort. Give them a call at 308-624-3485 and stay comfortable this summer.