There’s no getting around the change of seasons in Kearney, it’s something we all have to adjust for and make changes to accommodate. While it still may not be at the forefront of your mind, the time is getting closer to start using your heating system. This, of course, means that it’s the perfect time to consider annual furnace service as well, but possibly not in the way that you had thought before.
Energy savings comes in various shapes and forms, including:
- Furnace Service. Many homeowners strictly associate furnace service with switching out filters, but having a tune-up done can help your system run more smoothly, providing you with efficient comfort that may help you save on your monthly heating expenses.
- Take It Down A Notch. Changing the temperature on your thermostat even a couple degrees may help you save consistently month after month. It’s pretty clear, but when your system doesn’t have to operate as often, you don’t have to pay as much in energy costs.
- Filters. Another quick fix that most every homeowner can handle on their own, switching furnace filters every month or two during the heating season helps air pass through more easily, making less work for your furnace.
- Defeat Drafts. It’s easy to lose a lot of your heated air to drafty windows and doors, so be sure to utilize caulk and weatherstripping to close those pesky holes and keep the warm air indoors to enjoy.
- High Efficiency. When your Thurston Heating & Air Conditioning expert drops by for your annual furnace service, ask about your current system’s efficiency level and what higher efficiency models are an upgrade. Choosing higher efficiency can provide you with the same level of comfort, while helping lower your monthly energy bills.
Everyone likes to save a few dollars here and there, and by no means is this list the end-all be-all, but there are a few basic ways to help boost your comfort when the temperatures dip in Kearney. Whether you’re calling to set up annual furnace service or simply want to know which furnace filter is correct for your system, give the pros at Thurston Heating & Air Conditioning a call at 308-624-3485 to start saving a little more today.