It sounds like a great deal: Buy this furnace, and we’ll give you an AC for free!
Who doesn’t love things that are free, right?
Companies that promote appealing deals like buying a furnace and getting an air conditioner for free often make customers think they're going to hit the jackpot. But, it's critical to view these offers carefully. Often, what seems like a great deal at first may not be so amazing in the long run. Unscrupulous companies might boost the prices of their products or include hidden costs to make up for the discount they've offered.
Remember the well-known saying: there’s no such thing as a free lunch. Well, in the HVAC industry, there aren’t very many air conditioners that are actually free when everything is accounted for
Beware of the Not-So-Free AC
An allegedly "free" AC could come at the expense of shelling out for higher installation fees or purchasing expensive additional services. It's very important for you to thoroughly analyze the overall cost and terms before falling for such offers. One way to protect yourself is to get a second opinion from a reputable HVAC company, such as Thurston Heating & Air Conditioning, and do a comparison of prices of the entire installation.
Below are some of the ways a “free” AC could come back to haunt your finances
- Inflated product prices: Some companies may increase the cost of their products to compensate for the "free" AC or service they're offering. This can make the total cost of the deal much higher than it first appears.
- Hidden installation fees: While the air conditioner might be free, you may encounter unexpected installation charges that are not clearly stated in the advertised offer. These fees can significantly increase the full cost of the system.
- Mandatory additional services: To recover the cost of the purportedly free item they are giving you, companies may require customers to purchase additional services or plans at inflated prices. These kinds of things can quickly add up.
- Push for premium upgrades: Companies sometimes will pressure customers to upgrade components of the HVAC system at a higher cost, making claims of enhanced performance or better efficiency. These upgrades may not be necessary or provide much value for when you consider how much they cost.
- Warranty limitations: Although the initial offer may include warranties, some companies might apply restrictions or add exclusions to the promotion that limit the coverage. Customers might need to pay even more for extended warranties or face unexpected expenses if issues arise.
Don’t Fall for False Promotions. Go with a Reputable HVAC Company
When it comes to selecting a furnace, it's important to prioritize reliability and quality instead of supposedly free offers. Instead of being enticed by fancy marketing gimmicks, it is wiser to buy from a reputable company.
What are the signs of a reputable HVAC business? The company will have a solid track record in the industry, backed by positive customer ratings. It also will have appropriate certifications and licenses, which demonstrates that it follows industry standards and regulations.
How does a reputable heating and cooling provider handle pricing? It will offer clear and fair pricing, with no hidden charges or inflated costs.
For Reliable, Honest HVAC Installation in Kearney, Choose Thurston Heating & Air Conditioning
At Thurston Heating & Air Conditioning, we take pride in giving our customers trustworthy and high-quality HVAC service in Kearney. Whether you want furnace installation or are looking for a second opinion, our team is dedicated to giving you exceptional support and service for all your heating and cooling needs.
Our seasoned experts are skilled in their craft and supplied with the latest tools and technology to ensure efficient and precise installations. We prioritize customer satisfaction, and our welcoming staff members are always ready to answer any questions. When you work with Thurston Heating & Air Conditioning, you can rest assured you'll get top-notch service from an HVAC company that genuinely cares about your comfort.
Call 308-624-3485 today for your no-cost, no-obligation estimate.