There’s no getting around the change of seasons in Kearney, it’s something we all have to adjust for and make changes to accommodate. While it still may not be at the forefront of your mind, the time is getting closer to start using your cooling system. This, of course, means that it’s the perfect time to consider annual air conditioner service as well, but possibly not in the way that you had thought before.
Energy savings comes in various shapes and forms, including:
- Air Conditioner Service. Many homeowners strictly associate air conditioner service with switching out filters, but having a tune-up done can help your system run more smoothly, providing you with efficient comfort that may help you save on your monthly cooling expenses.
- Take It Down A Notch. Changing the temperature on your thermostat even a couple degrees may help you save consistently month after month. It’s pretty clear, but when your system doesn’t have to operate as often, you don’t have to pay as much in energy costs.
- Filters. Another quick fix that most every homeowner can handle on their own, switching air conditioner filters every month or two during the cooling season helps air pass through more easily, making less work for your air conditioner.
- Defeat Drafts. It’s easy to lose a lot of your cooled air to drafty windows and doors, so be sure to utilize caulk and weatherstripping to close those pesky holes and keep the cool air indoors to enjoy.
- High Efficiency. When your Thurston Heating & Air Conditioning expert drops by for your annual air conditioner service, ask about your current system’s efficiency level and what higher efficiency models are an upgrade. Choosing higher efficiency can provide you with the same level of comfort, while helping lower your monthly energy bills.
Everyone likes to save a few dollars here and there, and by no means is this list the end-all be-all, but there are a few basic ways to help boost your comfort when the temperatures dip in Kearney. Whether you’re calling to set up annual air conditioner service or simply want to know which air conditioner filter is correct for your system, give the pros at Thurston Heating & Air Conditioning a call at 308-624-3485 or schedule an appointment online to start saving a little more today.