With warmer temperatures nearby, now is the time to take a look at your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is operating at top efficiency, it can cut a significant amount off your energy costs! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit requires service, it could dramatically heighten your expenses and cause needless and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your Thurston Heating & Air Conditioning professional complete air conditioning service
at least each year is key to keeping your system operating at its best for the long haul. He or she can be sure the unit is running properly and can identify potential problems before they happen, saving you even more money.
Your professional air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to setting up your expert air conditioning service, there are steps you can do now and periodically throughout the year to make sure your air conditioner is at its best.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if you kept it covered during cooler months. Running your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it may hurt your system and end with the need for large repairs or even replacement.
- Clean the area around your AC. Ensure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing near your AC unit because they could inhibit airflow through your AC. Also make sure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch blocking any aspect of it.
Throughout the year:
- While your filters may be cleaned or replaced during your skilled air conditioning service, it’s important for you to inspect them each month and replace per the manufacturer’s suggestion. Every home has it’s own needs when dealing with air filter replacement, depending on factors like owning house pets or performing home construction through the year.
Having your ducts cleaned regularly will also be sure your air conditioner is able to work efficiently and will help you maintain a cozy home. By sticking to these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to ensure your air conditioner will be prepared for whatever summer offers. Give the team at Thurston Heating & Air Conditioning a call at 308-624-3485.