As springtime rolls around, you may be thinking, is an AC tune-up worth it in Kearney? Especially if your AC system is recently installed or was operating well last summer.
Here’s one way to look at it. You wouldn’t purchase a brand-new car and never have to book any maintenance for it, such as getting new oil or purchasing new tires.
The same is applicable to your AC. It’s equipment that uses fuel and has moving pieces. Like a car, it can get leaks and its moving components can malfunction.
Having your system inspected yearly by a Thurston Heating & Air Conditioning technician can help find small problems before they lead to large breakdowns. (And cause your equipment to stop running!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your equipment clean. Since your cooling system is installed outside, it’s more inclined to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard clippings, which can greatly lower your unit’s efficiency. While you can use our how to clean your AC guide, we suggest calling a professional to maintain intricate internal components.
- It keeps your equipment efficient. Dirt and yard refuse that accumulate in your unit can push it to work harder and restrict airflow. Both these issues can create increased energy consumption—and a bigger energy bill!
- It could lengthen your equipment’s life span. A clean system is an efficient one and may even help it last longer. That’s money that you won’t spend on your monthly electricity costs and over the years, since you won’t have to get new equipment as fast.
- It helps determine minor issues before they turn into large, costly troubles. During professional AC maintenance, your technician will keenly look at parts and complete a series of AC performance verifications. These in-depth processes often allow us to locate issues before they lead to big problems that result in a pricey repair bill.
- It helps ensure trouble-free cooling throughout the warmest days. After your air conditioner is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your unit is ready to give worry-free cooling. Even on the hottest days. It’s one of the smartest approaches to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty valid. Most manufacturers call for annual maintenance to keep your warranty going. Without this service, your equipment is vulnerable to premature breakdowns and limited efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Entail?
A quality AC tune-up should include an inspection and maintenance work from a licensed HVAC technician. Here’s some of the things we’ll do:
We’ll inspect the following locations and components:
- Total system condition
- Start-up pattern
- Thermostat adjustment
- Air filter
- Blower pieces and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety components
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a portion of the services we’ll complete:
- Replace air filters
- Tighten electrical connections
- Confirm electrical flow
- Grease moving pieces
- Rinse condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Request Your AC Tune-Up Today with Thurston Heating & Air Conditioning
This week is the perfect time to request your AC maintenance! Give our Thurston Heating & Air Conditioning pros a ring at 308-624-3485 or contact us online to book your appointment. Before we come to your home, don’t forget to browse our special offers for savings on your next maintenance.