In Kearney you count on your furnace
to keep you warm throughout the winter. If it’s been a while since you had a regular maintenance appointment for your heat pump
, you could be needing a furnace repair
visit sooner rather than later. Simply put, you probably have a dirty air filter, which can block air flow and effect your furnace’s efficiency. It could even cause issues with your furnace’s control switch, which controls furnace operation.
There are many other reasons you may call for a furnace repair. We’ve compiled some indicators for you to scan for. The sooner you can call for a heat pump repair, the better. Call in an expert, like Thurston Heating & Air Conditioning, if you notice any of these symptoms:
- Your blower doesn’t seem to be operating properly. Is it operating enough? Is it operating all the time? Is the air blowing through as liberally as it should, or does it seem weak? Indications related to your blower could signify a bit of a problem with your air filter or the interior blower.
- Your home isn’t getting warm enough. Are you turning up the thermostat again and again, but you’re still cool? This could be a difficulty with your thermostat. It may be that your furnace is too undersized for your home. It may even be a issue with your gas source or your pilot light, among other things.
- Your furnace is loud. If your furnace starts working noisily or making noises you’re not used to hearing, there could be trouble.
- You smell gas. You certainly don’t want to mess around with this one. If you smell gas, cut off your furnace immediately and shut down its gas supply. Avoid lighting matches or changing on lights until your HVAC expert or your gas company looks at it.
- You find water pooling around your furnace. Many times this is a blocked condensation line. This could need both plumbing and HVAC experts to fix.
- Your utility bill keeps growing. If your bill is climbing, but your usage is not, there could be a number of complications. Your HVAC expert will help find out what’s going wrong.
Now that you’ve read these signs, you’ll know when you need to arrange furnace repair. And we’re here when you need it. Call Thurston Heating & Air Conditioning at 308-624-3485 when you need to arrange repairs or annual maintenance.